Last Day to Register to Vote: October 9
Early Voting Dates: October 24 to November 1
Election Day: November 3
- Absentee Voting
- Application Deadline: October 27 post mark*, November 2 in person
- Ballot post mark deadline: November 3
- Ballot in-person submission deadline: November 3
*The Post Office warns that they cannot guarantee timely delivery of ballots applied for less than 15 days before the election, so the real date is October 19.
REGISTERING TO VOTE
If you have never registered before, you must fill out a voter registration form and get it to the Ulster County Board of Elections. You may get a form four ways:
- Call the Board of Elections (845 334 5470) and ask them to mail you one
- Go to the Board of Elections (284 Wall Street, Kingston) and pick up one
- Pick up a form at the Saugerties Library, Post Office, or Town Clerks Office
- Download a form online at https://elections.ulstercountyny.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/VoterRegistrationFormEnglish.pdf
Additionally, you can fill out a form on-line and submit it electronically at https://www.elections.ny.gov/NYSBOE/download/voting/voteregform-eng-fillable.pdf or
Register online through the DMV at https://dmv.ny.gov/more-info/electronic-voter-registration-application
All of these options are presented at the County Board of Elections website.
There are three methods to vote.
Vote in-person on election day: Polls will open November 3 at 6AM and close at 9PM. To find out where your polling station is, go to https://vic2.ntsdata.net/ulsterboe/pollingplacelookup.aspx and enter your address. Your polling station will be presented to you. Additionally, you can call the Board of Elections above and find out.
Early Voting: Voting days have been extended to allow for voting on days other than November 3. As stated above, early voting will begin on October 24, and continue for 9 days until November 1. The two polling stations nearest to Saugerties residents are 56 Rock City Road, Woodstock, and 467 Broadway, Kingston. The times stations are open vary daily between 9am and 8pm, and are listed at the Board of Election website. In any case, polls will be open from noon to 3pm each day.
Absentee Ballots: Governor Cuomo has just extended the use of absentee ballots for voters concerned about exposure to the Covid 19. You must first complete an Absentee Ballot Application and send it to the Board of Elections and you may apply for one in any of the following ways:
- By sending an email request to email@example.com
- By sending a fax request to 845-334-5434
- By going in-person to the Board of Elections at 284 Wall St, Kingston NY 12401.
- Call the Board of Elections at 845-334-5470
- Download the form from http://elections.ulstercountyny.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Absentee-Ballot-Application-2020.pdf
- Complete and submit the application electronically at https://absenteeballot.elections.ny.gov/
- Unless submitting it electronically, all options require that your application be mailed or carried to the Board of Elections at their address above.
When requesting an absentee ballot by letter or email the letter or email must contain the following information:
- Name and date of birth of the voter
- the address where you are registered
- an address where the ballot is to be sent
- the reason for the request (select Temporary Illness if you are applying due to concern about Covid 19 exposure), and
- the signature of the voter
Absentee Ballots will be mailed out on or about September 18.
Additional voting information will be provided by Election Commissioner, Ashley Dittus, at a Safeguard Your Vote Webinar hosted by the Saugerties Democratic Committee on September 10. To register, go to tinyurl.com/y5ku5ev7